Monday, April 26, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies



So, you may be thinking, who needs another chocolate chip cookie recipe? You do, because this one is the best. I got it from my mom, and it truly is the best ever and easiest cookie recipe. It guarantees a thick chewy cookie every time. The trickiest part is the cooking time. In order to get the cookies to be chewy and moist you have to slightly under-cook them in the oven and then let them cool on the cookie sheet. When they are cool, then take them off and you will have a perfect cookie, I promise. Another side note, there is a lot of flour in these so it can be difficult to stir by hand. I use a kitchenaid and it works beautifully, my mom uses a hand mixer, so try one of those options.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup shortening (I omit the shortening and use 1 cup of butter, they turn out either way)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup pecans (I omit)
12 oz chocolate chips

Cream together shortening, butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time until mixed well. Add vanilla and mix well. Add in flour, baking soda and salt. fold in pecans and chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 min.

1 comments:

the dunns said...

We made the cookies last night, minus the nuts and Scott agreed that they were better than any we have made. He did think that he could taste the shortening.... so I think that next time we will go with all butter!!!

Post a Comment